KemPharm is a clinical stage, specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and discovery of proprietary prodrugs that are designed to be improved versions of widely prescribed and FDA approved products.
The Laboratory Assistant requires a recent graduate, or student currently pursuing a biotech-related degree, who will utilize basic biological, chemical, physical, and life science laboratory skills to perform the following responsibilities:
• Reports directly to the Senior Group Leader, Chemistry, and indirectly to the EVP, Research & Development, and supports the entire R&D team
• Follows standard operating procedures (SOP) for maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities
• Assists in the preparation and/or prepares solutions, reagents, starting materials
• Performs routine laboratory tests, chemical reactions, and isolation/purification procedures
• Coordinates and/or conducts laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration
• Keeps laboratory supplies up-to- date and using Quality Assurance techniques and assists with inventory, ordering, receiving and stocking of laboratory supplies and equipment
• Keeps clear, accurate and timely records of all laboratory work and data measurements
• Maintains and organizes Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) and Certificates of Analysis (COA’s), as well as any other documentation required for technical information about the products
• Performs general lab housekeeping and instrument clean-up
• Efficiently organizes, prioritizes, and plans work schedules
• Regularly and effectively communicates with other R&D personnel and supervisor regarding all aspects of the day to day operations of the laboratory
• Performs various other research-related duties as assigned
Candidates Must Possess:
• Proven publications track record
• Expertise in methodology development and successfully completed multistep syntheses
• Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds
• Ability to research relevant literature and databases to gather pertinent information
• Strong NMR interpretation skills including (Proton, Carbon, COSY, NOSY)
• Must have ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Required Education and Experience:
Candidates must currently possess, or currently be pursuing, a four-year degree in Life Sciences and Biotechnology field, including Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Proteomics, Genomics, or other related fields.
OR three plus (3+) years’ experience in a biotech laboratory or related environment.
Final candidate will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.